Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Before I left home, I packed 2 hand-held flags with me. Today I'm waving them with great joy and great pride. To further commemorate this day, I visited a museum with hundreds of antique cars, many of which are great American brands: Ford, Chevy, Studebaker, Lincoln, Cadillac... and there on the wall was our flag too (albeit with 32 stars!).

Happy 235th Independence Day!

The weird thing is that in order to watch the celebrations/fireworks live on July 4, I'll have to wait until 8 or 9 AM on July 5 local time!





















By the way, in case you're wondering about this collection, here's the scoop. It's a collection of about 105 antique cars - all in original (and many in working) condition, owned by a family. Yep, one family who has collected cars for over 3 generations now. Most of the cars were owned and used in India during the colonial era. They all have labels indicating where they were used. All entrance fees to view this collection go to charity. Pretty impressive stuff.

No comments: